Operating Room Nurse
- Fort Myers, FL, USA
- Full Time
- health, dental, vision, disability, life insurances and 401k
Due to rapid expansion and growth, our progressive surgicenter is offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operating Room Nurse.
Summary: Provides nursing care in the assigned clinical operative areas of the surgery center. Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility administrative procedures. Participates in various quality improvement initiatives as assigned by the Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Director. The Operating Room nurse must set priorities in planning cases, and making clinical decisions. They are a resource for complex decision making and establishing individualized plan of care for the peri-operative patient.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Nurse Director and/or Nurse Supervisor, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including, but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing of assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, and safety programs.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Committee(s), and other Committees, as assigned.
- Proactively seeks to continuously improve patient care and operations.
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Nurse Director, Nurse Supervisor.
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient. Graduate of accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred).
- Current licensure in the State of Florida as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BCLS
- ACLS certification within six months of hire date
No "call", no weekends or holidays. This is a Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits (health, dental, vision, disability, life insurances and 401k). Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference OR RN.