- Mt. Pleasant, MI, USA
- Per Diem
Progressive surgery center is offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced Pre-Op/PACU RN to join the team and help lead a successful surgery center.
Per Diem positions available
Summary: Provides nursing care in the assigned clinical perianesthesia areas of the surgery center. Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of physician and facility administrative procedures. Participates in various quality improvement initiatives as assigned by the Director of Nursing (DON). The Perianesthesia RN must set priorities in planning care, and making clinical decisions. They are a resource for complex decision making and establishing individualized plan of care for the perianesthesia patient. Demonstrates the ability to meet the needs and provide service to all age groups in an ambulatory surgical center. Competent in providing services for the culturally diverse population the center serves.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation, provides direct patient care pre and post procedurally.
- Demonstrates competence in technical, critical thinking, and communication skills in patient care to a culturally diverse patient population, and in all functions of assigned area or duties.
- Adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures, safety programs, standards of behavior, mission, vision, values and customer service expectations.
- Demonstrates accurate and timely nursing documentation of the patient's condition and care including developing and updating individualized patient care plans and patient education process.
- Provides written and verbal educational instruction to patient/family.
- Supervises and directs activities of other care providers, assisting as necessary and delegating when appropriate.
- Provides a safe work environment for patients, visitors, and employees. Assess risks to patient safety and provides intervention as necessary.
- Acts as a patient advocate and maintains patient confidentiality of patient issues.
- Understands and practices principles of Standard Precautions. Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Maintains licensure according to state agency directives.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, continuing education classes, conferences and professional journals.
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient care.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of assigned areas pertaining to the perianesthesia areas and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and quality improvement. Proactively seeks to continuously improve patient care and operations.
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure quality patient care.
- At the direction of the DON and/or designee, maintains an adequate inventory for assigned area, including, but not limited to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and retention of perianesthesia/corresponding ancillary area employees.
- Assists with staffing of assigned area and performing daily operational processes.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Committee(s), and other Committees, as assigned.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the DON and/or designee.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or GED certificate recipient. Graduate of accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred).
- Current licensure in the State of Michigan as a Registered Nurse
- Must be current in BLS
- Prior PeriAnesthesia, Emergency Dept., and/or Critical Care Nursing experience (1-year minimum)
- ACLS and PALS required
- Ambulatory Surgery experience preferred
- Certified PeriAnesthesia or Ambulatory Perianesthesia nurse preferred
Per Diem positions available
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org